Love traveling and sweets? We have rounded up some of the best places you should visit and their scrumptious desserts you need to try. With so many possible delectable treats to choose from, here are a few and where to find them.
1. The traditional and classic American pie – served as is or with toppings like whipped cream or ice cream.
2. The sweet treats of Italy like gelato, panna cotta, tiramisu, baba au rhum (a type of cake soaked with rum syrup), cassata from Sicily (sponge cake with ricotta and cadied citrus peel), and zabaglione.
3. Crème brûlée and crepes in France.
4. Turkey’s delicious confections like baklava (try the freshly-baked ones if you can!), the many flavors of Turkish Delights, alep dondurma (Turkish ice cream), aşure (a type of pudding), kesme dondurma (sliced ice cream), kaymakli kayisi (dried apricots cooked in syrup and later added with a filling of kaymak or buffalo milk), lokma (fried sweet dough balls), osmanli macunu (candy made with melted colored sugar), and revani (sponge cake) among others.
5. Some of the popular Iceland desserts like skyr — the famous yogurt-like- but not yogurt Icelandic food that dates back to the Viking days, skúffukaka (pan-baked chocolate cake drizzled with coconut grounds), and snúður (similar to a cinnamon roll).
6. The wide array of delicious sweets from Japan like mochi, daifuku (mochi stuffed with different sweet fillings), Japanese crepes, dango, dorayaki, traditional Japanese desserts like namagashi, mochi ice cream, imagawayaki, monaka, and so much more. Not to mention the wide selection of unique Kit Kat flavors you will only find in Japan.